RetroPie Project – Case Completion
I’m happy with the case so far. It currently features the following:
- [Rear I/O] – RJ45 CAT5e socket
- [Rear I/O] – HDMI 1.3a socket
- [Rear I/O] – Micro USB socket
- [Front I/O] – 2x USB 2.0 sockets
- Hardware Reset using original Master System II top shell button
- SD Card Reader mounted underneath cartridge slot cover
- Internal CSR Bluetooth 2.0 USB Adapter – 100m
Areas For Improvement
Currently the original power switch has no function / dumb.
- There isn’t enough space inside without relocating the CSr USB Bluetooth adapter.
- No easy way to construct a physical switch to control power without splitting the internal USB power cable.
Wi-Fi Network support
- Wi-Fi LAN adapter power requirements in addition to Bluetooth & overclocking.
- Physical internal space – might fit on Raspberry Pi main-board, right-hand side.
- Wi-Fi LAN switching outside of XFCE/GNOME etc – no experience yet